Friday, November 11, 2011

"You're a Kayaker"

Yesterday, I told hubby I'm inspired to train for a marathon next year (trail) and he immediately says, "no you're not.  It takes too much time to train and you have to kayak."   I love him to death. 


So kayaking is taking top honors in the outdoor activity realm right now.  We're planning to go until the ice forms which will likely be sometime in January.  In other years, it was usually January and February that the boys couldn't get out to paddle.  This year shouldn't be any different.  Two years ago, there never was ice which was rare.   The only thing I don't like about paddling is there's no cardio with it unless we attain which only happens in the narrows.  There's also no leg work at all.  The weight workouts and squeezing in some trainer time and maybe a run or two will compensate for the lack of leg work and cardio.  I can't recall the last time I had my HR good and high.  It's just something we don't do unless we're training and doing intervals.   Who likes forcing your heart rate up into the red zone.  Not me! 

Yesterday was a nice long weight workout.  Hubby worked out at the same time.  Actually, we did many of the exercises together but of course my weight was heavier.  :)  It was the normal 12-15 x 3 sets:
squats
lunges
step-ups
shoulder press
chest press
bi-cep curl
lat pull-downs
tricep press
core routine with weight ball

Today, Friday, is a not-sure day.  It's cold and windy.  I may sit on the trainer.  Just not sure yet. 

No comments: