- January - "took the plunge" and decided to start training all-out for Xterra with a goal of Nationals and Hawaii
- Mid-June - crashed in Richmond, VA at the Xterra Regional Championship -- ended up with a brain trauma and quit racing for the year.
- Mid-July - Rick's 90-year old mother moved into the Assisted Living Center
- July - December - Rick and Jill spent just about every weekend cleaning out that 90-year old's home.
- October - Jill's mom had a mild heart attack and ended up with open-heart-surgery getting a triple bypass.
- October - early December - Jill helped her dear old mother recuperate
- December - started thinking about the year-in-review and goals for 2009.
And what's in store for 2009?
- Jill has to learn to roll her kayak and USE that roll in the river.
- Jill will race maybe 3 races -- all Adventure races with a team mate so she doesn't do anything stupid and crash.
- Jill turns 50!
- The organic garden will be bigger and better than ever.
- Jill will drop 6 pounds, Rick will drop 10 pounds (I promised him I'd learn to roll the kayak and keep rolling if he lost the weight and he's doing it 'cause he REALLY wants me to roll my boat! Hey, I just realized he didn't promise ME anything if I lost the weight!)
And what goals do YOU have for 2009?