Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Chemical Romance The lyrics are dark and depressing (the Black parade CD is about cancer), but the beat is good.
Super Nova - Yup, I like them! Its the 80's washed up Rock Stars of a couple different bands trying to make a come back as a new band.
Some sort of Techno my step-daughter gave me
And of course, THE man: OZZY
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Diary of a Dandelion Diva
Eco Earth Info
Goat Philosophy 101
If only, if only. . .
Life in the Sticks
On The Way To Critter Farm
Planetary: Teaching the Environmental Humanities
Raise a Green Dog
Shifting Baselines: The Truth About Ocean Decline
Sustainability at Unity College
Triona Trog's Blog
On-line Dog Pals (and a cat or two)
A Husky's Life
Adventures of Two Huskies and Their Cat
The Daily Echo
Dogs of Jackman Ave.
Dogs with Blogs
El Diario De Lorenza
Gus the Blue Heeler
J.B.'s Big World
Jan's Funny Farm
Maverick the Pirate
My Dog's Daze
Opy, The Original Gruff Puppy
Orion, Count Drulzelot
Pippa the Dog
Sam I Am
Togo The Dog
World of Turbo
Saturday, January 26, 2008
So later this year the Rivertown Race Series season starts again. I had a bunch of these races on my schedule, took them off, and now I'm thinking about putting them back on. They really have a diverse cut of multi sports races -- tris with kayaking, traditional tris, runs, bike races of all kinds, etc. Good stuff. And you get paid to race if you win your age group! And that ain't hard to do at all. He said 1 race, and you're in the mix and eligible for CASH. Maybe I'll do tour de tykes again. Do you think I'll get spit on if I do sport?
Friday, January 25, 2008
April 20 - Savage Adventure Race - $70
May 18 - Xterra King of the Hill New Jersey - $70
June 29 - Xterra RB Winter - $70
July 5 - Off road Duathlon at the FARM - $50
July 13 - Xterra Rocky Gap MD - $200 (weekend trip)
July 27 - Nottingham Off road Duathlon ($70)
Sep 20 - Cap City Adventure Race 9 ($120; maybe sponsored)
Total cost? About $650...that's nearly half of the other schedule! I may do this and just have fun on the weekends for a change. We'll see...tomorrow I may change my mind again!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
And the way, way too much fun with the always present shits and giggles when Chrissy's around. teeeehheeeeteeehhhhe
And of course, our queen of the day, Mrs. Brett Weiser, Donna. She was not only birthday queen for the day, but the always-queen of MASTER FEMALE ADVENTURE RACING! You rock girl.... and ride like hell, too!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
- Hand Entry- Out front, fingers-wrist-then-elbow in a line like putting my hand in a tube in the water. More air time, less drag, so enter as far out as possible. The hand and the elbow almost go in in tandem, but not quite. Stretch.
- Pull - hand is neutral, position arm like reaching over a big barrel straight out in front - pull back
- rotation - not bad (my only ok movement in the water!).
- Kick - not bad to start, but my ankle in my upkick on the breathing side is not flexing enough. Using flippers to work on that.
- Breathing - bilateral only. Work on it.
- Head - not rotating enough to breath - I'm lifting it (I knew this).
- breath timing - as soon as my opposing hand enters the water, start rotating my head to breath - and turn, don't lift it.
- stroke rythym - 2-4 kick to each stroke.
- Workouts: catch-ups, fists, work on each area above, one at a time when I go to the pool. Using flippers and paddles to train. Can work on some speed, but that's not super-important. Should spend 20-25% of my swim time on kicking with board and flippers. Flippers help get flexibility.
- I think I have some work to do
Friday, January 11, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Not only is Simbree good for you, it is good tasting too!
At Simbree we believe in simple nutrition, great tasting snacks and wholehearted service. Take a tour through our website to see the many ways you can bring Simbree to your table, whether it is for biking, breakfast, lunch, snacks or on the trail.
Friday, January 4, 2008
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Happy New Year!