Saturday, January 26, 2008

Found: Some Motiviation

This week was lackluster to say the least in the training department. Its possible subliminally I wasn't allowing myself to get motiviated cause of it being rest week. But today the tables turned a little. First, the swim was so-so because it was open house at the YMCA, so there must have been 4000 kids in the pool. But then I started to feel some motivation sparking as they handed me my "pay" of $100.00 for racing the Rivertown Race Series last year. Today was the awards ceremony and I managed to win my age group (as did my bud Chrissy, and her sissy Sheena), which paid a hundred smackaroos. The organizer of the race series proceeded to talk about the upcoming season -- it helped! I actually felt like going home and training. The highlight the Rivertown Race Series this year is going to be his 2-day adventure race. But I think its going to be WAY out of my league. He's planning it to be about 150 to 200 miles in the traditional plot-your-coordinates and find your way adventure race. And he's doing teams too, he thinks. Lots of details to be worked out, but it sounds like I can cross that one off (I had it as a tentative). Then I felt a little tingle to actually workout when I got home. So I warmed up to some music for a change (rather than the Spinervals), and this guy rocked and rolled and made me wanna pedal like hell! So ultimately I have to thank Ozzy for a little mojo.
So later this year the Rivertown Race Series season starts again. I had a bunch of these races on my schedule, took them off, and now I'm thinking about putting them back on. They really have a diverse cut of multi sports races -- tris with kayaking, traditional tris, runs, bike races of all kinds, etc. Good stuff. And you get paid to race if you win your age group! And that ain't hard to do at all. He said 1 race, and you're in the mix and eligible for CASH. Maybe I'll do tour de tykes again. Do you think I'll get spit on if I do sport?

1 comment:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Hi-
Great to find your blog. I'm a sometimes-marathoner, sometimes-adventure racer who is REALLY lacking in motivation these days. Maybe I need more music?