Friday, January 11, 2008

Race Season Costs

Little did I know the big picture of exact costs of racing until my dear money-miser hubby decided this is the year to crack down and get ourselves lined up for retirement in 3 years. We now have a budget. Actually, we've always had a loose budget, but now its strict and I'm on allowance. So when I had to budget my allowance, I came up with a race expense chart and whoa-nelly! Racin' ain't cheap! So of course the old wheels are turning on cutting race costs and the answer is actually quite easy - support local races, limit overnight trips, seek out CASH prizes and sponsorships. Supporting local races is good for mommy nature too. There are SO many local races to choose from that it really isn't hard to stay within a 2 hour drive of home and keep costs low. We are fortunate to have so many choices here in Central PA.

No comments: