Friday, January 25, 2008

Motivate Me

The boring winter training doldrums have set in and I feel like I'm not insprired to do much of late. Work is incredibly busy, thus fewer posts 'cause I'm spending my extra time in the early AM when I get in early, trying to actually get work done! And when I get home, I feel exhausted and my workouts are suffering. Indoor cycling is a great workout, but fresh air is nice every now and then too. But its just too cold (for my easy-to-freeze fingers and toes) to ride right now. I need at least 40 degrees to go for a ride. The forecast looks promising for the 1st weekend in Feb to do some mountain biking. I'm enjoying the free weekends, and sorta feel like maybe I have too much on schedule this year...so the continuing saga of changing the schedule continues as I think about wanting to have more free time this summer. Sooo...here's yet another paired down and less expensive tentative schedule. These are races only...there's some fun stuff on the off-race weekends like tons of kayaking and fun rides with the bike club and buds):

April 20 - Savage Adventure Race - $70
May 18 - Xterra King of the Hill New Jersey - $70
June 29 - Xterra RB Winter - $70
July 5 - Off road Duathlon at the FARM - $50
July 13 - Xterra Rocky Gap MD - $200 (weekend trip)
July 27 - Nottingham Off road Duathlon ($70)
Sep 20 - Cap City Adventure Race 9 ($120; maybe sponsored)

Total cost? About $650...that's nearly half of the other schedule! I may do this and just have fun on the weekends for a change. We'll see...tomorrow I may change my mind again!

No comments: