Friday, January 4, 2008

Trifecta Training Plan - Base 1

The crackdown has begun. I'm really liking the trifecta of training this year -- it really seems to workout timewise and allow some "extra" time to live a little. Not to mention I'm already feeling the physical effects of the additional swimming and running -- my clothes are fitting again! Nothing like a little lean muscle to help me squeeze back into the jeans. If you're really interested, click on the picture to see the detail. This is the "winning" Xterra training plan of 2005 - I'm tweaking it ever so slightly this time around (no leg weights - just bike work for legs, and I'm going slightly out of the end zone for no more than 1 hour a week). There's actually 5 months of these. This is Base 1 and BAse 2 and 3 will follow along with Build 1 and 2. I have to finalize Peak and Race yet. My HR zones are a little different this time around, but the basic training is the same. I really like "End" which means I can do any combination of the three sports to meet the training hours for the day; OR, I can even mix in XC skiing or other endurance sports (hiking mountains, snowshoeing) if I'd like during base. The idea is to get the HR in the zone, and keep it there - no matter the sport. It really works out well when I have a hubby that likes to do different types of sports from me (kayak rolling!).

No comments: