Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
- It helps if you have someone to train with, but when you don,'t:
- Good music works. Pick your favorites and load them on your MP3
- Good movies work. Plug in the DVD and the movie and start spinning.
- Spinerval DVDs are awesome workouts. Build a collection of about a dozen so you don't get bored with playing the same DVD all the time.
- Pay NO attention to the time on your bike computer.
- Pay NO attention to the time on the wall.
- Pay NO attention to the time on your heart rate monitor.
- Focus on the sounds or the DVD ONLY
- If you watch your movie or music all the way through, you know you are on the trainer for somewhere between 1 and 2 hours - 3 hours if you get long movies or Spinerval DVDs.
Did I mention you really shouldn't watch the time? That part is REALLY important. I found if you totally focus on anything BUT the time, you can survive. Before you know it, an hour is over and you're just getting warmed up! Avatar (2-3/4 hours long) is on tap for this weekend. As is Titanic (3.25 hours), or maybe "Tough Love", a 3-hour Spinerval session.
Monday, December 13, 2010
It poured raining all day, so we knew it was an indoor workout day. It was also Ricky's birthday and he wanted to go to the YMCA and Walmart. Buttercup planned to do the spin bike at the Y for an hour, then come home for the 2nd hour. When she got there, someone was on the lone spin bike. Damn it. She wasn't using those recumbent things -- they just aren't the same. Ok, how 'bout the stepper-type machine. Drat - someone is on that. Ok... the elliptical will do with some good tunes. Double drat - the MP3 batteries are dead. She was left with a treadmill with a TV. B.O.R.I.N.G. For an entire hour, Buttercup walked a 2.5% incline watching the life story of Taylor Swift. Can you believe her?! She shoulda walked over to the guy on the lone spin bike and said, "hey... bucko.... aren't you soon dun??" And then socked him in the shin. That woulda worked. Needless to say, when she got home, the incline whooped her enough that she didn't get back on her own bike. That wimp. She ended up curled up and cozy with her kitties at 7:00 p.m. Maybe she was tired too from the day before where she bucked it up big-time and climbed like a mountain goat. Oh well...there will be days like that every now and then and its ok. Tonight's the night to start the 12-days straight of endurance riding and she's pretty psyched after sleeping off her wimpy day yesterday. She's looking at it like a little test of what's to come in 5 months of 7-days straight of 4+ hours of riding per day. The spinerval DVDs are lined up, and Avatar is on order for the weekend session. Go get 'em girlie!