Friday, December 10, 2010

A Trainer and YMCA Kinda Weekend

It's hubby's birthday weekend! He turns a wonderful young 55 on Sunday. We both aren't quite feeling the 50's yet so for now, it's just a number. I think he's bumming about the weekend because none of his little friends are planning any kayak trips this weekend - probably because 1) it's cold and 2) all the river/creek levels are not good right now for any runs. So Ricky's 2nd favorite activity in the winter when there's no snow to cross country ski yet is the YMCA. And hubby is on a money-savings kick right now with gas at $3.09 a gallon, so we're doubling up on stops while we head to the YMCA (it's 12 miles from our home with several stores along the way). Because tomorrow is a busy day, I'm hitting the trainer for 3 hours bright and early at 4:00 a.m. I plan to do weights and walk on the treadmill at the YMCA. And Sunday's weather is questionable too so I think I'll repeat the trainer ride Sunday morning. The plan gives specific outdoor intervals, but they can be replicated on the trainer fairly easily. Sunday will be taxing on the body -- 90% effort for 30 minutes, two times. That's heavy duty - just below race pace. My average heart rate will be about 162. With some good tunes, though, it's not hard to do. Oh boy. I can't wait to have a cookie when I'm done -- it's cookie season!

2 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

Oh you make sunday sound SO hard...bub:-P

DailySAHM said...

Happy Birthday Ricky!