- It helps if you have someone to train with, but when you don,'t:
- Good music works. Pick your favorites and load them on your MP3
- Good movies work. Plug in the DVD and the movie and start spinning.
- Spinerval DVDs are awesome workouts. Build a collection of about a dozen so you don't get bored with playing the same DVD all the time.
- Pay NO attention to the time on your bike computer.
- Pay NO attention to the time on the wall.
- Pay NO attention to the time on your heart rate monitor.
- Focus on the sounds or the DVD ONLY
- If you watch your movie or music all the way through, you know you are on the trainer for somewhere between 1 and 2 hours - 3 hours if you get long movies or Spinerval DVDs.
Did I mention you really shouldn't watch the time? That part is REALLY important. I found if you totally focus on anything BUT the time, you can survive. Before you know it, an hour is over and you're just getting warmed up! Avatar (2-3/4 hours long) is on tap for this weekend. As is Titanic (3.25 hours), or maybe "Tough Love", a 3-hour Spinerval session.