Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nine Weeks to the Trans-Sylvania Epic 2011

That means we're just about 1/3 of the way through the 12 week Chris Eatough Trans-Sylvania-Specific Training plan. Week three is over and a rest week is on tap for the upcoming week. This past Friday, Saturday and Sunday totalled 7 hours of riding -- half on trail, half on the road. The trail ride was Saturday with Donna in the wondrous Michaux State Forest, PA. Classic central PA goodness: rocks, roots, climbs, and turkeys in the center of the trail. Donna spied them and luckily I caught a glimpse of them before they high-tailed it into the woods like a bat out of hell. Following Chris's training plan is working out well for both of us. I can tell it has the perfect combo of easy/hard rides, intervals vs rest day because my body is adapting well. This week I'm not near as tired as last and with the upcoming rest days, I should be ready to rock and roll when the real riding begins the week of April 4. That's the first of 3 weeks of 13.5, 14.5 and 15-hour weeks. Hopefully, we'll get to Swatara state park either the 13.5 or 15 hour week for some endurance riding. We both like the trails over there and Donna thought it would be good to do a long endurance session on those trails. I like the idea. But for now, it's rest and relaxation for the next few days. Normally at this time of the year, I'm stressing over the gardens but I have a saving-grace -- cold weather! It's been chilly and I have no desire to get in the garden so this week will truly be rest week. After this week, only 8 weeks to the Epic. It'll be here before we know it.

No comments: