Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting Back On Track

The 12-hour race was fun, but opened my eyes to a little reality -- I'm getting fat! Everything was jiggling a little too much and my slower-than-normal lap times probably had something to do with carrying a little too much weight up the hills - 20 more pounds than my team mate. Geez! That's too much. Sooo.... I got up this morning and got pissed off. Why do I spend every single day for the past 6 months thinking about losing weight, watching my calories, exercising, yet not losing a single ounce? Probably because I'm not tracking every morsel going in my mouth. Probably because I stopped exercising as much as I used to. For me, getting pissed off usually does the trick. And I'm pissed! I'm mad at myself for letting it get me down, for not really doing something about -- especially knowing I CAN do something about 'cause I did it 3 years ago. So today was my first pissed off day of doing something about and here's what I did: I dug a big hole for a wash line; I pulled the peas, chopped them up in little itty-bitty pieces for the compost pile (I was pissed - remember? -- therefore the chopping was pretty erratic); I turned 3 compost piles; pulled 10 broccoli plants and chopped them up into little itty-bitty pieces for the compost pile; helped Rick cut down a medium sized tree and drug it away; ran/walked 4.5 miles; got my boobs squished in an xray machine; and did my core work for 1/2 hour -- the full gamut of side/front/lower gut work. Now I'm tired! Oh... and I tracked every morsel of food and it came in at 1,930 calories. But according to fitday.com, I burned 2,591 calories today, so I guess I'm a little ahead of the game for a change. So that's the goal now -- increase the activities to what they were a year or two ago, and record everything I eat and try to keep it below 2,000 everyday. If I want to lose, I have to shoot for 1,500 which is kinda hard, but doable. Damn it, I'm pissed! I'll do it now.

1 comment:

The Wiser Weiser said...

You're funny! Don't hurt yourself with the physical stuff!! ;)