Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Xterra Worlds October 25


The Xterra Worlds off-road triathlon is this weekend. I still have to pinch myself to believe that 4 years ago this weekend, I was part of the competition in Maui, Hawaii. To say it was an experience of a lifetime is an understatement. And to think I almost cancelled the trip because I was scared TO DEATH to swim in the ocean. Ha! It was in a cove and I saw turtles -- it was delightful. Here are some pics. I really sucked - it took me 5 hours and 18 minutes to finish it! I was totally out of shape for it and screwed up big time in training for it - but I didn't care. Just to be in Hawaii and participating was worth the trip. You can watch it live this weekend. Check this link for a live broadcast on Sunday. Remember though, they are 6 hours behind us, so don't start watching until 3:00 pm. The scenery alone is worth the watch... but the inspiration that comes out of watching these athletes is even MORE incredible. You'll be inspried to get out and ride. Maybe you better go riding before you watch!

No comments: