Friday, October 16, 2009

Biggest Loser at Work - Week 1 Results

The weigh-in was Wednesday and all but 2 folks of the 40 people were giggling with weight-loss glee. It was actually quite amazing when you heard the numbers and no different than in the real-live show when it came to pounds lost. 9 pounds, 8 pounds, several 5 and 3 pound losses too. The winner for the week lost 15 pounds. He also was the winner of the most exercise hours at 29 hours!! My piddly 21 hours came in second. Holy hanna! Paul is quite impressive. He's Ethiopian and probably the most polite, courteous, mannerly and humble individual you'd ever meet. He's also very, very smart. His strategy was to do cardio workouts in the early morning for two hours and let that workout burn more calories throughout the day. Then after work, he'd head back to the gym and pump iron for two more hours. He said he averaged 2 pounds a day. And he's SO humble about it - not proud or boastful - just doing his daily workout. Amazing. I was a happy camper too even though I didn't win the hot seat for the team for most exercise hours. I dropped 3.6 pounds and for the first time in over a year, I'm squeezing my ass back into some pants that just weren't wearable. Being on a team and being a "team player" certainly has its advantages.

3 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

That's great!!! After a week of no beer and basically no (grain)carbs I only lost 1.6 lbs---i was in the hot seat for most weight lost. My competition lost 4+ lbs--way to go~~ :)

DailySAHM said...

I really like this weight loss challenge at your work. How great for Paul! Although 29 hours of exercise in one week? Really? He must not have a family. (I don't mean that in a bad way, just that I couldn't imagine getting in 4 hours a day while taking care of Gwen [and Chris'] needs.)

Chili said...

This first week of the challenge was 9 days long...thus the "extra" hours to hit 29 hours. Yes, he has a wife and two small children! (under 10). I overheard someone say he still got his nightly tasks in with his children. Paul is the type of guy that would never let anyone down, so I'm sure he's keeping his household happy too! He's amazing.