Monday, January 3, 2011

Sufferfest Fueled by Lemon Sponge Pie


Tonight was a true-blue sufferfest on the bike - a trainer "pyramid" workout starting at 3 minutes "as hard as you can go and hold it for the duration" and working down at 30 second intervals to the last one at 30 seconds. And when done with that first set, do it two more times. "Hard as I could go" ended up being an average of about 171 HR which is 95% of my max for a total of 31.5 minutes. And my fuel? My husband's incredibly delicious, unbelievably luscious lemon sponge pie. That boy knows how to make pie. AND it made me pedal like a crazy woman for an hour and half. I love my hubby -- and his lemon sponge pie. And a tall glass of white wine topped off the night. Quite the diet, huh?!

2 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

I want a piece of that!! :-)

DailySAHM said...

Sounds good to me!