Thursday, January 13, 2011

Easy Peasy Trainer Session - Not Much Else to Do in the Grips of Winter


Last night's 1 1/4 hr session on the bike trainer was a breeze compared to the past couple sufferfests: warm-up for 15 minutes, 75% HR for 15 minutes, 5 minute ez spin, 80% HR for 5 minutes, 5 minute ez spin, back to 75% HR for another 15 minutes. Then another ez spin for 5 minutes followed by 4 x 1 minute at 90% with a 1 minute ez spin between each. Easy, fun, and quick. I actually skipped the ez spins in between the first 3 sets and only used the breaks for the last 4 x 1 session. So my 5 minutes at 80% was more like 15 minutes. My entire week is a day ahead of schedule because of missing Sunday and moving everything up a day, but I'm planning to be back on track come Saturday which will be a 3-hour marathon session on the trainer. Sunday will be another interesting trainer workout called "strength training on the bike." It will involve my least-favorite thing on the bike: pedaling at a specific rpm. I seldom look at rpms and when the coach says I'm supposed to be at 90 or 100 rpm, I ignore him 'cause my heart rate goes sky high at 90 or 100. 70 rpm is the focus for Sunday which I can handle, so maybe it won't be as bad as thought. But then again, Donna said the Leap frogs and wall squats were H.A.R.D. So I'm sure I'll have some suffering going on. Central Pennsylvania is cold as shit right now and we have about 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. I toyed with skiing on Saturday for 3 hours but just can't bring myself to do it. My focus is SOOOO bike oriented right now that I feel like I can't miss even an hour of biking to be ready for the TSE in May/June. The trainer is getting a real workout this winter like it did 4 years ago. Actually, I think its getting MORE of a workout than 4 years ago. Nice. Coach Laub would be proud.

3 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

H.A.R.D. is good! My workout consisted of shoveling snow for 1 1/4 hours last night!! :)

Chili said...

Ooooo - that's hard!

DailySAHM said...

Coach Laub would indeed be proud!