Monday, January 24, 2011

Remembering Father Fitness

It's a sad day in America -- Jack LaLanne died! At 96 nonetheless. Who would have thought that 45 years after seeing my very first exercise show and realizing, "gee, people exercise", I'd be doing what I'm doing today. Yes my friends, I remember Jack on TV and actually used to watch and even followed along sometimes making fun of his actions and attire of course. But; did Mr. LaLanne imprint something on my childhood brain? Did Jack's chair routine put the permanent bug in my brain that core work is important? And how about those push-ups he was always doing - is it my youthful subliminal thoughts of Jack in his tight, stretchy jumpsuit dropping and giving us a couple dozen that encourages me to don my stretchy pants and drop for a couple dozen too? Probably not, but you gotta love Jack... the things he taught us that might have left a life-long impression. RIP Jack!

No comments: