Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Happenings

Saturday was a trip to the Tohickon near Delaware Water Gap for the annual spring Water release from the Nockamixon Dam. Rick did the run last fall, but he thought maybe the water would be too cold in the spring (it is!), so he opted out of the run. We hiked about 5 or 6 miles along the creek, scaling the rocks (my ass hurts today). I think he'd really like me to do this run with him this fall and after studying (scouting) the creek carefully (and watching a girl flip, get out of her boat and get pushed against a rock), I'm not so sure I'm ready. We'll see how this summer goes with my eddy and rolling practicing. The creek is a class 3 and requires constant eddying in and out to scout each move you make. There are many, many rocks and holes and you need to be on the lookout for and ready to move in an instant all the time. It looks fun, but definitely for a skilled paddler. We could see a handful of not-quite-ready paddlers and they obviously looked nervous and were wobbling in their boats, running into rocks, and of course flipping over.



And I like this bike. Its a singlespeed cyclocross bike called "Breed". Mountainside Ski and Sports carries the FELT brand. Hmmmm. I need to sell some bikes first. Maybe I need RIDE them too!

No comments: