Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last Night's Trainer Session with Mumford and Sons

Thanks to my training pardner', Donna, I was spinning to the beat of the tunes of Mumford and Sons, Sigh No More, last evening. If you saw them perform at the Grammy's you know how awesome they are. If you didn't learn about them here -- they are incredible. You can watch the video here -- its a can't miss. The trainer session was to be a 15 minute warm-up, following by 3x3 @ 80% HR @ 90 rpms with a 2 minute rest between each, 3x3 @ 80% HR @ 80 rpms with a 2 minute rest between each, then 3x3 @ 80% HR @ 70 rpms with a 2 minute rest between each. Then spin easy for the remainder of the 1.5 hr session. I'm one of those people who has to spin to the beat of the songs and when Mumford starts jamming, the legs started spinning with ease. I can't say I followed the above exactly, but I definitley got the 3x90,80, and 70 rpms in, but the HR got a little higher than 80% (more like 90%), and they weren't in any kind of order. Following the beat of the songs, the rpms were more like 71, 69, 82, 89, 69, 85, 91, 82, 79. So they weren't exact! It still worked and I feel awesome today. My weight was even down for a change! Oh yea.... what training - and some good tunes -- does for the bod...

1 comment: