Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cubicle Push-ups and Screwing Up the Trainer Session

There ARE benefits to being in an enclosed cubicle -- push ups! When you can't get them done in the evening or in the morning because of sleeping in from tiredness of riding long and hard, do them in the cube! Nice.

Last night's trainer session was easy in practice:

- Warm up for 20 minutes building up to 80% max heart rate.
- Stay at 80% for 4 minutes
- Go all out for 1 minute
- Repeat 4 times, rest 5 minutes, repeat the sequence again.

That's easy enuf. So how the hell did I screw it up? I replaced the go all out for 1 minute with spin easy for one minute. And the whole time I was thinking, "wow, this is a good workout." Ha! What a dork. So the workout was good, but not what it was supposed to be. Tomorrow is another day. Tonight is off because of a bike trail meeting in Lykens, but the plan also says rest if you feel you need it and I sort of do. I could do a workout if it was on the plan, but I'll take advantage of rest when its permitted. I'm not as tired as years past after a high-hour week (hit 16 hours total for the week - 14 on the bike - a record!), but I can tell I'm definitely not up-to-snuff just yet from the long hours last week.

1 comment:

The Wiser Weiser said...

Me too---i'm resting tonight but cooking instead! Making 2 soups and roasting some veggies!! Some core/stretching and hopefully to bed early! :)