Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby


Had full intentions today of riding 3ish hours on the Rattling Creek Trails in Weiser State Forest, central PA, and the riding came to a screeching halt - literally - when I fell 4 times on ice and ended up trudging through 6ish inches of snow in all the low, shady spots on the trails. I ended up bagging it after an hour, climbed the hard top road to the top of the mountain and down the other side, back up and down to the van, then home to the trainer for an hour to get my time in. Barf. Crap of a day. Rick was at the YMCA. I can't wait for it to get warm and have clear trails again. Heck, I'd even take freezing temps as long as the trails are clear. One more week doing the winter training plan and next Sunday calls for a race somewhere. Hmmm... a race on February. Will have to do a search.

No comments: