Sunday, May 1, 2011

No Hundie This Year

About a month ago, Donna signed up for the Shenandoah 100 which made me think about doing the Wilderness 101 which I wanted to do for years. This year, with all this endurance training base, would be the year to do it. Yesterday was the last day to sign up before the price went from $130 to $150. Last weekend, I paddled an hour or so with hubby and he went for a bike ride with me this week and I realized how much I miss doing stuff with him. We haven't really done anything together since I started training for the Epic. Missing hubby, coupled with my weed patch of a garden, along with caring for dear old mom, told me to skip the hundie and get back to my other life. So life after the TSE will be normal for at least three weeks (recovery period). Then I'll likely ride when I feel like it or have time. Paddling is on top of the list during recovery. I can't wait to paddle with hubby again! I miss my boat!

1 comment:

The Wiser Weiser said...

I miss doing anything except biking with my hubby!