Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sidelined - Flu

In 1979, I spent two days in bed shaking, dizzy, head achy, body tingling from head to toe and a feeling of not being concerned about absolutely anything - my hair, teeth, clothes, house, or even the pets. They can live without food for a couple more hours. It was a feeling of total illness - head to toe. Fast forward 32 years later and its back. The good old fashioned flu. This time around though, I'm in the midst of training for a 7-day staged mountain bike race. How will being forced to take time off affect my fitness? Only time will tell. I'm hopeful this will be on its way out of my body by Monday and I can get back on the bike -- very easy spinning to start. This is really sucking.

1 comment:

DailySAHM said...

Yuck. This does suck. Hope you feel better quickly so you can get back on the bike.