Thursday, April 22, 2010

Only 10 Days to the Tough Mudder - Already Looking Beyond

The latest updates from the fine folks at Tough Mudder have Team Mind over Mudder starting in the 11:45 am wave with 496 other participants. My eyes couldn't believe there were really 5,000 people on that list. That in itself will be an experience and a half -- definitely worth blogging about! I think I'm more worried about that than the course itself (no kidding!). How do I find our other team mates? Where will we park? Will Rick find me a mob of 5,000? How will Rick find me at the end of the race? How will he know when we are done? Oh what a day it will be.

On a running note, on Tuesday night, I yet again had another personal best: 43 minutes for 4.50 miles averaging a 9:38 mile pace. The pace keeps coming down little by little and this running addiction keeps getting stronger and stronger. Don't get me wrong, I still love a long mountain bike ride and a good white water river run, but I'm equally enjoying the runs these days. And all the thanks goes to Kera and entering the Tough Mudder! My entry form went in yesterday for the Strip Mine Nine for June 13 in Mount Carmel. It's a 15K and fairly close to home. And if all goes well, I'm going to do the Xterra Bear Creek run again on July 18. I ran the 10K last year and really enjoyed it. It's some beautiful singletrack at Bear Creek and the course is 90% singletrack. This year I think I'm going to try the 21K. Yup, that's a half marathon folks - I can't believe I'm going to try it either. What can I say, I'm hooked!

No comments: