Sunday, February 3, 2008

Where's the Vim and Vigor

Lost: ambition, motiviation, inspiration - AGAIN! Yesterday was a struggle to get to the YMCA to swim. Then the plans changed on the way home switching up the scheduled long run to a two-hour indoor ride blaming the cold...it was 35! That's nowhere near cold. So the trainer ride ended up being only an hour although it wasn't too bad of workout at a 144 avg. Yes, some would think that's pathetic, but I've been a lot lower than that. Then my shoulders hurt last night from swimming -- they hurt everytime I go. So what's with that? Rick says I need to lift weights. Guess what Rick, I do! I feel like I'm getting older, slower, more tired, and less motivated to do this training thang. There's no denying the head games or physical limitations going on. Could it be the 1/2 century mark approaching all-too-quickly? Should I just let everything slow down and say its ok? Should I keep killing myself attempting to "get better" when it likely just ain't gonna happen anymore at this point? Or should I just let mother nature take her course and accept the slowing, but keep training and racing at the slower pace? I can't imagine going any slower than I already do! Although...I usually DO finish 1st amongst other women my age in multi-sport races (not biking...there's some seriously awesome older women bikers out there) so maybe I'm not as slow as I think I am. Possibly today will be better. Rick and I are heading to Weiser SF for a change. The temps should hit 45 and I'm doing that long run followed by a semi-long ride. Maybe a little fresh air will be just what the doctor ordered.

1 comment:

DailySAHM said...

I think I may have had the quickest 2 hours and 45 minutes on the computrainer ever today. I was shocked when the 2 hour mark came and went, as I only planned on going for 2. I would have done the extra 15 to hit 3 hours if I didn't have to be home to take Gwen ice skating. Maybe you need to reconsider the winter training at the Annex? Okay, I'm being selfish... I just miss your company!