Sunday, September 28, 2008

You are Exercising Your Brain Too!

After a brain trauma accident, one tends to "think" about head issues a little more than normal. And I found this interesting article on how exercise makes your brain grow -- particularly the cognitive and memory region. I don't think I ever mentioned to anyone after my bike crash, that the doctors put me on a trial drug which I'm still taking called Citicoline. It's a naturally occurring substance in the brain that researchers are discovering when taken in large doses, helps repair damaged brain cells and improve function. For years, doctors felt when a brain cell is damaged it's gone forever. But no more -- your brain can be fixed! And for all my exercise-obsessed friends, just think, your heads are growing, bigger and bigger with each pedal stroke. Ride on!

No comments: