Saturday, September 20, 2008

If I Wanted to Waste Some Money

I could easily waste some money on one of these bikes. I'm not a big follower of the bike frame scene, but apparently these have been on the market for a couple years and are taking the hardcore mountainbiker world by storm (or the folks who don't know what to do with their money!). Its a Jeff Jones bike. They are always fully rigid and typically singlespeed although you can get gears. He got the front fork design from a 1930's bike - how cool is that! There were two of them at the BASH this year and they are immediate attention getters -- very sexy lines, and of course titanium is always worth a second look. Here's a good blog post from a semi-local dude on these bikes - "Todd." I can't say I foresee one of these anytime soon... they average between $5,000 and $9,000! Astonishing. I'll have to make DEAN suffice for now, and he doesn't too bad of a job - although comparing the lines of the two looking at these two pictures, the DEAN is definitely not sexy - but serves the purpose well. Maybe a little facelift and he'll be good as new.

No comments: