Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting My Mind Off That Dreaded Birthday

I figured it alllll out... if I commit to something long and hard (!?!), I can keep my mind OFF the birthday coming up and ON that long and hard thing. The IRONCROSS on October 11 is the answer. It will keep me preoccupied with prepping for the race rather than dwelling on the birthday. Soooo.... I'm about to register for my 4th Ironcross. I wanna wait until I get through this weekend with Cap City on Saturday, and a nice, long, easy ride on Sunday for about 3.5 hours. If I feel pretty good after two days in a row of long events, I'm signing up for IC VII. Screw the birthday -- give me IRONCROSS! Oh, and I'm riding with lots of friends in Michaux on the dreaded day. Maybe I'll just ride for the full 24 hours to totally forget about it! Oh, and I'm repeatedly telling myself I'm turning 40 -- that seems to help too. Yeh, 40! Good age.

1 comment:

DailySAHM said...

I'm still sticking to the "never doing that again" I mumbled as I crossed the IC finish line. But I'll be there the day before doing IC Lite... that is my favorite cross race.