- Time: 5 hours and 36 minutes
- Place: 2nd Female Masters (there were only three teams this year)
- Time on Bus (yes bus!): 45 minutes
- We ran to start
- But only ran to the buses on the other side of the Island
- Buses went to Blue Mtn Parkway and dumped us on the top of the mountain.
- Ran trail for 6 miles to Fort Hunter.
- Ran DOWN Robert's Valley Road - Quads are aching today.
- Launched canoe for a 6-mile paddle to City Island (low water and wind!)
- Got on bikes and rode the Harrisburg Green belt for 20 miles total
- Special tests included kicking a shoe in a bucket (all three had to make it); throwing a tire on a tall cone; running through eggs blindfolded (Steph nailed it!), sling-shot and ball (had to catch a ball - HARD!) We teamed up again with another team. Donna and I had the sling down to a science - Steph and the other team caught the balls.
- More Special tests: swinging from a rope to a wooden platform; but had to figure how to get the rope 6 feet away from us (bungie cord with a helmet attached to it to lynch the rope); cut a 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper in a single piece big enough for one of our team mates to climb through (without tearing it).
- Awesome team yet again - Steph and me and Donna have a blast. Steph had her beautiful pink balls on. I wish I had a pic. Our team had balls!
- I hurt all over today (sunday).
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Cap City Adventure Challenge Race Report
We were wishing we had pics 'cause it was a doozy like years past. Not as hard as some years, but long. So minus the pics, you'll have to settle for words. And rather than a lengthy report, how about some bullets this time?!