Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So Now What - No More Mudder. How About the Michaux Half Marathon on Trail

How about we start chiming up some business for the first of its kind in the wondrous Michaux State Forest -- the Michaux off-road, trail half marathon. Yes folks, there's never been a trail half marathon in Michaux and June 13, 2010 is the inaugural running at Long Pine Run Reservoir, near Caledonia State Park. It's being put on by Fast Forward Racing Productions and registration is open. There's even an age group appropriate for Chili (unlike mountain biking) and after this weekend and realizing how nice it is participate in events but NOT have to really compete, Chili's very happy with her own category! This will be 13.1 miles of beautiful, soft, hilly trails in the gorgeous woods of PA. Now you good folks get to follow posts of my training regimen for a half... an off-road half, no less. As of today, my longest run is at 8.5 mountainous miles in Weiser State Forest; so I feel confident 13.1 will not be a problem by June 13. I plan to raise my mileage on the longest run by 1 mile a week to take me to 12 miles two weeks before the half, then back it off to about 6 miles the weekend before, then do the half on the 13th. That was what a beginner's half training plan mentioned. It seemed to make sense, and that's what I've been doing the past two months with no issues. There it is my good peeps -- the training for a HALF Marathon is underway.

No comments: