Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sick List

Finally... after almost two weeks of what started as flu, but ended up as a chest/head cold, the old bod is feeling more normal again. Even the beautiful snow on Sunday kept me down and Rick had to venture out on his own. A little Tylenol and OJ usually nips it in the bud and it did for a day or two, but then the head/chest thang started. So the activity level the past two weeks was fairly low. That first week I accepted as a "rest week" and rode the bike all of two hours. I managed to get a 45 minute walk on a treadmill in at the Y, but other than that, I was pretty much out of it. Action started picking up this past week and I got a run in, two or three trainer sessions, and I was really hoping to get out and ski/bike/hike today in Michaux, but mother nature doesn't want to seem to cooperate so I'm heading to the trainer and maybe the YMCA before we head to the Weisers for some holiday festivities at 4:00. I got a lot of reading done: Skinny Bitch and Precious were both quick reads. Neicey took Precious along and couldn't wait to read it and then see the movie (she usually reads the books first THEN goes to see the movie unless it gets poors reviews). It's a heart-wrenching story. Very graphic and sad.

No comments: