Wednesday, December 9, 2009

First Cars



Do you remember your first car? Oh what fun if you're my age or a little older. Here's my first...



1969 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight Sedan. It wasn't really mine. Like most kids, I got the family hand-me-down. It didn't last too long once I got a hold of it.



But my 2nd car rocked:

No, this one wasn't mine either. My dad had a fetish for Volkswagens so this was his, but he left me drive it to school my senior year. To this day, I wish I still had it and tease Rick if I had money to waste, there would be a classic VW sitting in the garage. And here is my 3rd car which was truly mine -- I made the payments for it.

A 1977 Chevy Nova. Boring. But affordable. And your first???


3 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

Learned to drive on a 1980? Datsun 510 5 speed and parents also had a Ford Fairmont Station Wagon we could drive, but preferred the sportier Datsun!! I worked 3 jobs one summer so i could by a VW bug and paint it pink, but my Mom wouldn't let me buy one because she said they weren't safe. So, i bought a neighbors car--a 1978 Chevy Monza for $700!

Chili said...

Another boring car... a MONZA! Man that Pink VW woulda been cool.

DailySAHM said...

A Ford Tempo. Shortly after acquiring it I had an altercation with a school bus. Don't ask how. The car was gray, but after the bus incident I ended up with a blue passenger door salvaged from a junk yard. A few months later another newbie driver hit me and the insurance payoff was enough to paint the blue door gray.