Thursday, April 10, 2008

Three County Tour

One of the reasons I took up biking was for the plethora of country roads surrounding us. Living on the corner of Schuylkill, Dauphin, and Northumberland Counties in Central PA rewards me with miles upon miles of beautiful countryside. This picture is looking into Mahantango Valley, Northumberland County. The site I was standing on is known as "The Sac" which is one of the very few North facing hang gliding launch areas (Weiser State Forest has a West Slope). "Sac" is short for Sacramento in Schuylkill County. The tour today took me through all three counties and after two hours, 5 cars passed me. This picture is one of the most picturesque farms in the valley. Its completely off the beaten path and is as peaceful as it looks. There were some geese on the pond. Love the country... love the ride.

No comments: