Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hello 2015 - A New Year, A New Adventure

My last post was almost two years ago.  Ever since Facebook came on the scene, blogging seemed passé and time-consuming.  Looking back over the years of blogging, there's a bunch of informative posts, so why stop?  So here we are again.   A new year and a new post.  Last year was huge in my adventure world:  I achieved a certification to teach whitewater standup paddling.  Only a handful of girls nationwide hold that honor.  I'm grateful and humbled to be one of the few.   As part of the Canoe Club of Greater Harrisburg, classes are held in June and July of each year for those learning to stand for the first time, or those that want adventure and seek standing on whitewater.  More info later on the CCGH once schedules are set.

Each year I set an "out-there" goal --  something that seems a little more than I can handle so that I focus and work harder.   Even Tony Horton of P-90X fame talks about sign-up for something big... something out of your normal realm.  So this year my plan is something that's been on my bucket list now for almost 10 years:  the Wilderness 101.  It's a 100 mile mountain bike race in Central Pennsylvania, near State College.  Lots of mountains and trails to climb and ride totaling about 10,000 feet of climbing.  I'm super-excited to work toward this race in July.  Training has already begun.  More to come on that also.

Just wanted to welcome you back!

1 comment: