Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm Retired!

From work that is, but not from working out.  I knew for months I was retiring from my desk job yesterday, but not until after I officially left and started my post working-world retirement exercise routine, did it finally sink in.  Sooo..... I think I'll start this Chilibloggin thang back up to keep me honest:  keep me on track for working out and getting back in shape again.  Heck, I have time now!  There are NO excuses any more.  Moby's Play is 63 minutes, and that's a perfect timeframe for a weight workout, not to mention Moby's incredibly inspiring music.   This was a GOOD weight workout  -- not this hurry-up-I-got-other-things-to-do routine that plagued me for years (and kept me from relaxing).  Here's what it was like:

Core to warm up:
50 seated lean-back side-to-sides with a weighted ball (don't know the technical name)
50 bent-leg side-to-sides on back with weighted ball (don't know the technical name)

Dumbells!  All exercises were with 8 pound dumbbells (Planning to build the weight -- just did very light weight to get me back in the swing of things again):
3 sets x 15 or 20 reps each exercise
Side bends
Shoulder presses
Bicep curls
Standing pull-ups
Squats
Lunges
Dead lifts

On the fitness ball:
Chest flys (I think that's what they are called)
Chest press
Side-to-side with weighted ball

Sitting on the floor:
tricep extensions (10 lb. weighted ball)
stretching

I'm back baby!  Flabby menopausal belly, GO AWAY!  teehee.

3 comments:

The Wiser Weiser said...

So, how are you feeling today?? ;-)

Chili said...

Ouch!

Suzie Thomas said...

The best abdominal exercise for fat loss are movements that work more of the entire body and core rather than isolating the direct abdominals through a movement like the crunch. To truly get ripped abs you must burn the fat off of the belly. It doesn't matter how many ab exercises you do every day if you have a fat stomach you will never see them.